Tuesday, November 4, 2008

twas the night of the election and all through the white house

i just had a lovely evening smoking greek cigarettes and drinking vintage port while discussing american politics with a bunch of british intellectuals. apparently i'm spending the election night just like obama, disguising my bourgeois self with smoke and mirrors. unfortunately, as a result of my being on new labour time, the results of tonight's marquee event will come in while visions of joethesugarplumbers dance in my head. but am i excited at the prospect of waking up to a whole new era of american empire? can obama invade pakistan? yes - he - can!

all cynicism aside, i really am going to bed with a stomach full of anxiety and nervousness, wondering what the election fairy might put under my pillow tonight. i really hope it's not a corporate tax cut.

2 comments:

Arty Povera said...

thanks for update, sweet-toothe!

thirdwavevegan said...

i was just self-congratulatorily (yes, it is a word) trawling through my comments and found this one! amazing! advertising for systems to better surveille (yes, word) my employees! yes, my writing IS making a difference!